For this project, Gema created a set of interactive experiences aimed at the general public (children, teenagers and adults) that demonstrate the dynamics of the economic development of Aveiro’s City using various sources of information provided by the town. Such experiences are:
- Welcome Led: dynamic totem composed of high brightness leds;
- Welcome Hall: interactive video wall made up of giant LCD screens with multi touch technology, which allows several people to be interacting simultaneously;
- Video Mapped onto a 3D Model: measuring approximately 3.2m x 3.2m, this city model comes alive with 3D effects, lights and video mapping;
- General Information Point: three 49” touchscreens with interactive information;
- Virtual Reality: VR glasses through which visitors can “travel” over 3D models of the city;
- Sensory Wall: a physical wall, with built-in sensors, that’ll show you all kinds of animations and information related to Aveiro city.
Designed by the architect Fernando Távora in the 60’s, Atlas Aveiro Building it is one of the most emblematic buildings in Aveiro, asserting itself for its location in the heart of the city and for the unique view for the urban river canals.
The Aveiro Tech City Living Lab has, in the Atlas Aveiro Building, a multifunctional space intended for experimentation on territory data, as well as on the dynamism of the Municipality of Aveiro, showing an evolution of social, economic and industrial development, the employment generated, the innovative character.and exporter of companies from Aveiro.